No products in the cart.
Equally at home as a stand alone DAC, headphone amp, or digital preamp, the Codex can unlock the potential of any system. A fully-balanced signal path throughout the analog circuitry provides an inherently clean and quiet backdrop for your music. The zero-feedback design maintains all of the pace and rhythm of your favorite artist, rendering your digital music as effortlessly as if it were live.
- USB and Optical (Toslink) inputs
- Headphone outputs
Two 3.5mm mini-phone jacks.
One ¼” phone jack.
- 3.5mm mini-phone jacks configurable to balanced mode.
- Asynchronous transfer mode for USB input.
- DSD or PCM input over USB.
- Minimum phase digital filter.
- Single-pass 16x oversampling.
- Ayre’s exclusive Diamond output circuit
- Linear analog AyreLock power supply
- zero-feedback, fully-balanced discrete circuitry.
- Equilock circuitry for active gain devices.
Headphone or Preamp Mode : 7.0 volts balanced, 3.5 volts single-ended
DAC Mode : 4.0 volts balanced, 2.0 volts single-ended
USB : PCM 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.8 kHz, 384 kHz (up to 24 bits), DSD64, DSD128
Optical input (Toslink)
2.25″W x 9″D x 5.25″H (5.5 cm x 23 cm x 13.7 cm)
3 pounds (1.4 kg)